T3 - B33-35 - Game Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I must apologize for promising to blog and not blogging...but this time I actually have a proper excuse...well sorta. My computer wasn't working. Annoyed me soooo much. T_T. Well it's half working now...Still kinda slow on the startup.

I think I have a loooong history of killing computers. umm...I wonder why? T_T.

In any case, we got our report cards! :DDDD

Straight A's for the first time in my high school life. (:

Oh and I think those large brown envelopes are a waste of paper...even if they were made from recycled paper. I bet only 50% of the 2500 envelopes printed will be recycled again. So no matter how you see it, it's still a waste. I wonder if there'll be a day where we get our grades by email..Well I guess there would still be problems there...with hackers and crackers and all.

So I promised you I would tell you about the new game I've been addicted to. (:

Without further ado...

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Game console: PS2

Pros // funny and original storyline :: interesting characters :: nice twist of an already amazing gaming system :: many options :: highly addicting? (con OR pro?)
Cons // slightly repetitive :: challenges the gamer more than other games :: requires strategy and logic

----------

Graphics - 8/10

Story - 10/10

Gameplay - 9/10

Environment - 8/10

Overall - 9.2/10

Whoever made this game definitely had a nice sense of humor. My proof? These screenshots :D

HAHAH. Okay, lemme explain the Prism Ranger bit. (: Here's what happened when I met them in the game: (I can't remember exactly what they said, but it's somewhere along these lines...)

Red Ranger: I'm RED!
Blue Ranger: I'm BLUE!
Yellow Ranger: I'm YELLOW!
Red Ranger: And together we're the Prism Rangers!
Laharl (main character with the blue hair): Oh great, can't we have normal enemies?
Me (Out loud): No you can't.
Flonne (the angel): You call yourselves "Prism Rangers", but only have 3 colors. That's not even enough for a rainbow.
Me: Lol.
Etna (red haired demon): Yeah, why is that?
Red ranger: Well we have no friends. So it's just us for now.
Me: o_O.
Laharl: Wait, you guys are supposed to be heroes right? Then why do you want to be Overlords?
Etna: Good point.
Red ranger: Because we want FRIENDS! If we're overlords, we can make friends! And then we'll have all the colors.
Me: LOLOL. (He said it in a really funny tone (: )
Etna: Yeah, well that's not happening. *BANG* *BANG*
*Blue and Yellow drop to the floor beside Red.*
Red: NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Your deaths will not be in vain!
Etna: Well I didn't hit any vital points so they should still be alive.
Red: BLUUUUUE! YELLLOOOOW! I WILL AVENGE YOU!
Me: LOOOL. :D
Laharl: How are you going to kill us alone?
Red: Well I hired some demons from the Netherworld.
Laharl: Isn't it wrong for heroes to hire demons to fight for them?
Red: A hero's only purpose is to achieve justice. It doesn't what means they use! Now prepare yourself!

And then the fight started. I loved Red's vooiiiice!!! Oh and Laharl's!
I was surprised to find out that Laharl's voice actor is a women...

Well anyways, the gameplay is similar to Luminous Arc's and Fire Emblem's. The only major difference is the geo symbols that they implemented...oh and you can create your own characters.
The geo symbols make the gameplay slightly harder...they have effects that usually affect your stats or the enemy's stats. Sometimes positive, most of the time not. The map with the Prism Rangers had the effect "warp". My characters and the enemy were warped all over the place. ._.

A several features to look forward to if you plan on playing:
Senate system (extremely annoying) complete with promotion exams, upgrades for the item store, and character upgrades.
Item World (you can upgrade your items this way)
Hospital (you get rewards if you heal/die a lot...makes all those times I die worthwhile. x3)
Same Game Over if all your characters die...like Fire Emblem. So Save often!
Character Creation/Deletion/Personalization
Easy Map Grind

And the opening scenes to start you off! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment